CELEBRATE RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS WEEK FEB. 11–17 WITH KINDNESS MATTERS 365
BOCA RATON, FL (February 1, 2024) – How do we change the world? With one small act of kindness at a time. Join Kindness Matters 365 (KM365) in celebrating Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) Week Feb. 11–17, 2024. Observed annually worldwide, this weeklong initiative that includes Random Acts of Kindness Day® on Feb. 17 celebrates the immense impact that can be made simply by spreading more kindness.
“The work to create a kinder world never ends,” said Laura Reiss, founder of KM365. “Every day has the potential to impact someone’s life in a meaningful way. You can participate in the Random Acts of Kindness movement by showing appreciation through simple gestures. Do an act of kindness for a stranger, say ‘thank you,’ or smile! There is no limit on the amount of goodness we can put into the world if we all strive to do a little something to spread kindness each day.”
Throughout the week and on RAK Day, people are encouraged to perform Random Acts of Kindness, ranging from complimenting someone to donating to a favorite charity. The idea is to improve the world by spreading positivity and kindness and lifting others. If you need some ideas or inspiration on taking part, here’s a list of 20 simple yet impactful ways to start spreading kindness today.
20 Ideas For Random Acts Of Kindness
- Phone a Friend or Family Member: Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while and let them know you care.
- Leave a Positive Note: Write something nice on a Post-it and stick it to a bulletin board or mirror.
- Volunteer to Do Chores: Laundry, taking out the trash, washing dishes — do these chores so someone else doesn’t have to.
- Hold the Door: Open doors for others or hold the elevator for someone rushing in.
- Smile: Smile at people passing by instead of staring at your phone.
- Write a Letter: Write to someone who has made a difference in your life and thank them.
- Talk to Someone New: Reach out to someone sitting alone and get to know them.
- Let Someone Cut: Let someone go ahead of you in line and get on with their day a little faster.
- Thank the Janitor: And any other service workers who make your life easier.
- Give a Social Media Shout Out: Send a social influencer or blogger you follow a DM and let them know you love their content.
- Plant a Tree: Buy a seedling and plant it! Check out A Living Tribute and National Jewish Memorial Wall.
- Give a Compliment: Tell someone they’re awesome; they have an infectious laugh; they’re an amazing coworker or friend!
- Forgive: Let go of that grudge you’ve been holding.
- Pick Up Litter: Don’t leave it for someone else to pick up.
- Donate Coloring Books, Crayons, or Games: To a local children’s hospital or community group like Bricks Busting Boredom or Best Foot Forward.
- Return Your Grocery Cart: And take someone else’s with you while you’re at it.
- Donate to A Local Food Pantry or Collection: The Kindness Angels and TLC Little Free Pantry always need volunteers and donations!
- Paint Rocks: Add cheery designs and kind words; leave them for someone to find or donate to the Kindness Angels.
- Leave Snacks for the Mail Carrier: Or UPS or Amazon delivery driver.
- Become A KM365 Ambassador: Be a part of the change and help inspire and help our kids and teens! Click here to find out more.
If everyone committed to doing one small act of kindness each day, imagine how better the world could be! Random Acts of Kindness Week and Random Acts of Kindness Day® in February help shine a light on the movement, but being kind should be celebrated 365 days a year. Follow KM365 on Facebook at @kindnessmatters365org and Instagram at @kindnessmatters365 to keep up with kindness. Visit our Community Share page for a list of organizations and opportunities to give back and get involved.
ABOUT KINDNESS MATTERS 365 (KM365)
Kindness Matters 365 (KM365) is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit based in Boca Raton, FL, that guides children and teens to explore essential life skills through engaging material, relevant activities, and hands-on service projects and has been delivering successful programming since 2008. Through the organization’s after-school Kindness Clubs, Kindness Anywhere virtual programs, and hands-on service-learning initiatives, kids explore concepts to develop resilience, empathy, and the skill set to care for themselves, each other, and our world. KM365 is a vetted vendor of programming and training for the Florida Department of Education’s Safe and Healthy School Enrichment for Learning division and is a designated service provider to schools in Florida. Since its inception, KM365 has grown to encompass 142 programs in twelve states, serving over 25,000 children and teens nationwide. Visit kindnessmatters365.org for more information and stay up to date with all things KM365 via Facebook @kindnessmatters365org and Instagram @kindnessmatters365.